NOTE: If you want to improve on ALL sections of the ACT (English Math, Reading, Essay), I recommend checking out the All ACT Courses Bundle, which includes this course and other ACT courses at a significant discount.
Or, if you just want the Reading course, you can purchase this single course on this page. Just scroll down!
I just wanted to reach out to you and say THANK YOU for all of your help preparing me to do well on my standardized tests. Before I came to you I was struggling getting my test scores into the upper ranges, but after I completed your video series, got feedback on my essays, and took more tests I got scores in the 99% for both the SAT and ACT.
Ultimately, after the long and stressful college admissions process, I narrowed my two options for college down to Harvard and Yale, and I decided to commit to Yale University. Although I have always been strong in school and extracurriculars, I really feel like your assistance put me over the edge and played a role in my admission into some of the world’s best colleges. I have recommended you to many of my friends and teachers at school because I truly believe you are an amazing tutor with so much to offer.
Thanks again so much and I wish you the best of luck in your future!"
- Andrew R., Reason Prep Student
What You'll Learn
This course covers the ACT Reading test in exhaustive depth - the best ways to tackle the passages and questions, how to manage your time effectively, and the best strategies for beating the test and increasing your score. I also work through five REAL ACT Reading tests in this course so you can see exactly how these strategies are applied to real ACT questions. In this course you will learn
- The ins and outs of the ACT Reading test - passage types, question types, and how it's scored.
- How to manage your time effectively so that you read just what you need to get the questions right. Never run out of time again!
- The core strategy for getting through four passages and 40 questions in 35 minutes efficiently and effectively.
- Strategies and tactics for solving line reference, keyword, inference, general & main idea, and other question types.
- How to identify and avoid time wasters, questions that will drain your time and damage your overall score.
- The trap answers and little tricks the ACT tries to play on you - learn how to identify and avoid them!
- The big mistake students make when working through ACT Reading questions that forces them to guess on too many questions - and how to avoid it.
- How to tackle the new Dual Passage Reading questions. They may seem intimidating at first, but they're not bad if you know how to approach them!
- How to work through 5 real ACT Reading tests (20 passages and 200 questions) - watch me attack each and every question in real time.
- and so much more!
For a full listing of the curriculum and sample videos to view, check out the lecture titles in the syllabus below!
In addition to access to all the course videos and materials, enrolling in this course entitles you to
- Unlimited course access - forever. You don't have to pay any recurring fees to enroll in this course - just pay once and you'll get unlimited access to the course
- Unlimited access to free course UPDATES. These courses are living, breathing entities. I will be adding to them and modifying them as I improve my own teaching skills and knowledge of the test. Your one-time course payment entitles you to lifetime access to course updates for no additional fee.
- Access to the course on all devices. View the videos on any device - desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone. As long as you have an internet connection, you can study with Reason Prep!
- Support from Rob. Students enrolled in the course can leave comments and questions on each lecture - I respond personally to each one! In addition, enrolled students can contact me directly through email for more general or personal questions relating to the test. I take student feedback into consideration when designing and updating my courses.
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee. I'm confident you'll see massive score gains if you use the videos diligently and thoroughly. But if you are dissatisfied with this course for any reason, contact me within 30 days and I'll refund you every penny - guaranteed
"Hey Rob, I just got my ACT results back. I received a composite score of 32 (35 E,28 M,34 R, 29 S), which is 5 points higher than my score was before working with you (30 E, 27 M, 28 R, 26 S). I couldn’t do it without your unconditional support and videos."
George, Reason Prep Student
I’m Rob, the founder of Reason Prep, creator of these videos, and your test prep tutor.
Also pictured is my beagle, Mr. Pibb. He didn’t help with the site that much, but maybe he’ll star in one of my videos one day.
I earned a BA in Chemistry (2006) and an MA in Science and Technology Studies (2009) from Cornell University. In 2010 I started tutoring SAT, ACT, math, chemistry, and writing full-time, and Reason Prep followed shortly after!
Frequently Asked Questions
"Rob is an amazing tutor. I would not have been able to get a 31 on the ACT without his help and guidance. His methods and tips on how to approach each section sets him apart from other tutors. If a particular topic is troublesome for you, he will explain it until you understand it perfectly. In addition to his tutoring , the videos on his website are extremely helpful and full of information. Rob is always willing to help and easily accessible to answer questions when ever he is needed. Whenever someone asks I always recommend Rob as an ACT tutor."
Ellen, Reason Prep Student
In short, I've distilled down all my ACT Reading knowledge into these videos to give you the most comprehensive and effective ACT Reading video course you'll find anywhere. The one-time fee is less than what you would pay for an hour of my time. And you're getting EVERYTHING - all my knowledge, all the tips, tricks, and strategies. I'm not holding anything back.
You've got nothing to lose - and a lot of points to gain - so join today!