What You'll Learn
This course covers the ACT English test in exhaustive depth - every grammar rule, every strategy, and every tactic for beating the test and increasing your score. I also work through five REAL ACT English tests in this course so you can see exactly how these strategies are applied to real ACT questions.
Best of all, this course is available FREE. So just click the enroll button and start watching the videos right now!
In this course you will learn
- The ins and outs of the ACT English test - section structure, question types, and how it's scored.
- How to manage your time effectively so that you can comfortably finish the section.
- The core strategy for cutting through the grammar and rhetoric questions effortlessly.
- The difference between grammar and rhetoric questions and the key rules and strategies to solve both.
- The major categories of question types and how to focus on the key information required to answer them.
- The rules of English grammar you need to identify patterns and select the best answer choices.
- the characteristics of ACT English answer choices that make them wrong more often than not.
- The 4 principles needed to answer rhetorical skills questions, even if the choices seem "exactly the same." (Hint: they're actually quite different!)
- How to work through 5 real ACT English tests (25 passages and 375 questions) - watch me attack each and every question in real time.
- and so much more!
In addition to access to all the course videos and materials, enrolling in this course entitles you to
- Unlimited course access - forever. Join today and you'll have access to this course forever.
- Unlimited access to free course UPDATES. These courses are living, breathing entities. I will be adding to them and modifying them as I improve my own teaching skills and knowledge of the test. You won't have to pay anything to get access to these updates.
- Access to the course on all devices. View the videos on any device - desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone. As long as you have an internet connection, you can study with Reason Prep!
- Support from Rob. Students enrolled in the course can leave comments and questions on each lecture - I respond personally to each one.
I’m Rob, cofounder of Brilliant Prep, creator of these videos, and your test prep tutor.
Also pictured is my beagle, Mr. Pibb. He didn’t help with the site that much, but maybe he’ll star in one of my videos one day.
I earned a BA in Chemistry (2006) and an MA in Science and Technology Studies (2009) from Cornell University. In 2010 I started tutoring SAT, ACT, math, chemistry, and writing full-time.
StartBasic Sentence Structure (8:29)
StartRun-Ons, Comma Splices, Proper Coordination (7:30)
StartSubordinate or Dependent Clauses (4:58)
StartRelative Clauses (4:41)
StartRestrictive & Non-Restrictive Clauses (6:07)
StartMisplaced & Dangling Modifiers (7:22)
Frequently Asked Questions
In short, I've distilled down all my ACT English knowledge into these videos to give you the most comprehensive and effective ACT English video course you'll find anywhere. And you're getting EVERYTHING - all my knowledge, all the tips, tricks, and strategies. I'm not holding anything back.
You've got nothing to lose - and a lot of points to gain - so enroll FREE today!